#1 Attorneys Network
The aim of this workshop, on Monday 27 February 2017, is to guide you through the EHC Plan and to give advice on the process involved for children and young people with special education needs.
We will consider:
- What is the EHC Plan
- The checklist: what legally must be included as a minimum in any Education, Health and Care Plan issued by a Local Authority under Part 3 of the Children & Families Act 2014 and the SEN Code of Practice
- Transitional arrangements
- Case scenarios and examples of the EHC Plan
- Funding and how to get a personal budget or direct payment
- Who actually has a duty to deliver what is in an EHC plan
- What responsibilities do schools have to arrange the provision specified in an EHC plan
- What is the role of health bodies and who provides social care provision
- The role of the Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO)
- Can particular therapy be included in an EHC plan if it is not available from the local health service
- Challenging decisions
- Appeals to the Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Tribunal
To find out more, click here.
The post Interactive workshop to help parents and carers appeared first on The Lawyer | Legal News and Jobs | Advancing the business of law.
#1 Attorneys Search Engine