#1 Attorneys Network
On Tuesday (1 May) Leeds Climate Commission is hosting a conference to encourage green finance opportunities. It is open to the business, investor, developer and advisor community focusing on how sustainable growth can be affordable and good for business.
Walker Morris partner David Kilduff, discusses some of the key themes of the event.
The conference will focus on facilitating a pipeline of replicable good value projects and sources of finance that make them attractive to implement.
Joining representatives of the Commission to discuss opportunities and share insights and experience will be representatives of Iona Capital and Sustainable Development Capital Ltd as well as Abundance which is known more recently for its Bond raising for Swindon Council to deliver carbon saving projects. Representatives of the Green Finance Taskforce, an independent partnership of public and private sector bodies) will also be present to reinforce the messages coming from their recent Report to Government Accelerating Green Finance.This sets out recommendations under 10 themes of how to improve the growth of green finance and improve the UK’s transition to a low-carbon economy. Green Finance covers investment in a range of infrastructure and services – creating new skills and jobs and in turn contributing significantly to economic growth. It is no stranger to the UK economy with over $20 billion having been raised in London alone through Bond issues with much more invested in more traditional investment and lending.
The Taskforce’s message is:
- Relaunch UK green finance activities through a new unified brand
- Improve climate risk management with advanced data and analytics
- Implement the recommendations of the Task Force on Climate Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD)
- Drive demand and supply for green lending products
- Boost investment into innovative clean technologies
- Clarify investor roles and responsibilities
- Issue a sovereign green bond
- Build a green and resilient infrastructure pipeline
- Foster inclusive prosperity by supporting local actors
- Integrate resilience into the green finance agenda
#1 Attorneys Search Engine