#1 Attorneys Network
Posted September 13, 2017, 11:19 am CDT
Many offices of Florida’s large law firms were reopening after Hurricane Irma swept through the state.
The firm has offices in offices in Fort Lauderdale, Boca Raton, Palm Beach, Tampa, Orlando, Tallahassee and Miami, where Alvarez works. “I am right now right by our office and it is absolutely dry, not even a puddle,” he told Law.com.
Some employees were without power but no one was injured, Alvarez told Bloomberg. The situation was worse in Houston, where about 100 employees were affected by Hurricane Harvey.
Law.com also reported on these Florida law firms:
• GrayRobinson had “soft openings” at several of its 13 offices on Tuesday. The firm planned to have all of its offices open on Wednesday except in Key West, Naples, Jacksonville, Boca Raton and Fort Myers.
• Holland & Knight expected to reopen all of its eight offices on Wednesday.
• Carlton Fields Jorden Burt reopened its offices in Orlando, Tallahassee and Tampa on Tuesday, and expected to reopen its Miami and West Palm Beach offices on Wednesday.
• Most of Greenspoon Marder’s 12 offices were open on Tuesday, and the remainder were expected to open on Wednesday.
• Shutts & Bowen expected to reopen its eight offices on Wednesday.
#1 Attorneys Search Engine