#1 Attorneys Network
Schoenherr has maintained its position as top legal adviser in the Austrian Mergermarket M&A league tables for the ninth consecutive year.
Mergermarket is a leading business intelligence provider, and based on the comprehensive deal data that Mergermarket assembled throughout 2016, Schoenherr’s M&A practice is number one in terms of the number of qualifying M&A transactions in Austria.
With 20 Austria-related deals worth a combined €3.658bn credited on the basis of the Mergermarket criteria, Schoenherr outshone the other 134 law firms in the ranking.
In CEE, Schoenherr was also ranked as the best Austrian-based law firm in the Mergermarket league tables. Having advised on 22 CEE-transactions, Schoenherr’s 2016 stellar performance is highlighted among the over 230 law firms listed in the league tables.
Schoenherr advised on a number of high profile M&A transactions in Austria and the CEE in 2016, including:
- Advising major shareholder Adler Real Estate on the sale of its 26 per cent stake in listed conwert Immobilien Invest to Vonovia (€743m)
- Supporting HETA on the sale of its Italian bank to Bain Capital Credit (€657m, gross value of portfolio)
- Advising Japanese paint manufacturer Kansai Paint on the acquisition of Helios Group from Ring International Holding (€572m)
- Advising EQT on the sale of Austrian Automic Software to CA Technologies USA (€600m)
- Assisting UNIQA on the sale of its Italian insurance companies to Società Reale Mutua di Assicurazioni (€295m)
- Advising O1 Group and Terim on the sale of their 26 per cent stake in listed CA Immobilien Anlagen to Immofinanz (€604m)
- Advising French telecoms company Orange on the acquisition of Moldovan Sun Communications
- Advising the shareholders of the Romanian dairy manufacturer Albalact on the sale of Albalact to French Groupe Lactalis
- Advising Rewe on the acquisition of 25 store branches from Zielpunkt
- Advising Vienna Insurance Group on the acquisition of French insurer AXA’s Serbian and Romanian companies.
#1 Attorneys Search Engine